Tips To Stay Cool During 100 Degree Days
The news is calling for temperatures in the high 90s feeling like the low 100s so it begs the question, how can you stay cool in the Wildwoods.
We decided to put together a little list to follow while your visiting on vacation!
Drink Plenty of Water.
- We highly recommend bringing plenty of water in an ice chest to the beach. Be sure to constantly drink water throughout the day to ensure you are hydrated while you spend the day in the sun.
- Remember that up to 60% of the human adult body is water so if you have less you will feel it.
Bring an Umbrella or Tent
- Sitting in the shade is always helpful when trying to cool off. If you don’t have an umbrella check out Billy’s Beach Service on the beach where you can rent a beach umbrella and a chair. If you are with a group of people, we suggest bringing a canopy tent for everyone to sit under.
Pack These Items in Your Beach Bag
- Spray bottle (with fan or without)
- Cooling towels
- A hat
- Plenty of Sunscreen
Get in the Water
- The easiest thing you can do is go for a swim. Right now the ocean temperature is 79 degrees so your body will be getting cooled by jumping in!
Have A Frozen Treat
- The fudgy Wudgy guy is your best friend on the beach. Be sure to have a chocotaco for me!
Take A Break From The Beach
- If you are coming down and don’t want to hit up the beach you can visit a few other spots
- Raging Waters (on Mariner’s Pier)
- Splash Zone (On Schellenger Ave)
- The Cape May Zoo (It’s very shaded there)
- The Silver Bullet Dolphin Watch (It’s a speed boat and a dolphin tour)
Tune back for more tips!
Check out these other Wildwood Videos and Articles