FEMA Awards Wildwood Fire Department Two Awards!

Press Release: 

The City of Wildwood Fire Department recently received two highly competitive AFG awards from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Fewer than 20% of these applications are typically approved so winning two is a great feat that saves the city taxpayers money.

$16,641 was for the purchase of personal protective equipment for COVID-related masks, hand sanitizers, etc. $102,436 was for the purchase of power cots for ambulances and the required installation. In each instance, the amount awarded reflects the 95% federal share, leaving just 5% of the project cost to be covered locally ($864 for the COVID award and $5,122 for the power cots award). 

Tune back for more info! 

Check out these other Wildwood Videos and Articles

Wildwood’s “It’s Sugar” Closes For The Season

WATCH: Firefighters Put Out Boat Fire On Delaware Bay



About The Author

My name is Joey Contino. I am a big lover of anything Wildwood. I have lived and worked in Wildwood my whole life. I worked jobs from working on the beach renting umbrellas and chairs to being a supervisor at Morey's Piers. Wildwood is my life and my home!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.